simple is beautiful
Amy Stein Photo: Josef Koudelka: This Photo is Blowing My Mind
2 ... 2 ...

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Josef Koudelka: This Photo is Blowing My Mind

© Josef Koudelka
Last night we attended the Alessandra Sanguinetti artist talk at Aperture Gallery. Alessandra is very smart in how she approaches, executes and talks about her work and I took away a lot from the evening.

While at Aperture I leafed through a copy of their new Josef Koudelka career-spanning book, Koudelka. How could one person have taken so many iconic images? It is all so good it almost makes me want to throw in the towel. I mean, how do you aspire to be a great cello player after hearing Pablo Casals play Bach's Suites for Cello? And how do you aspire to take amazing pictures after Mr. Koudelka has given the world The Hound?

0 comments:

Post a Comment